"The Shinobi" (Revenge of Shinobi) - deleted?

Speed Demon

Has my "The Shinobi" Remix (from "Revenge of Shinobi") deleted?

If so, why? Sure I know, it really was no masterpiece (but the first mix I ever made), but since nobody ever gave a f*** (sorry) to remix that song I wonder if it really had to be deleted :(.

It was a "cool" idea to actually delete the corresponding thread, too so nobody would notice it ever existed.

http://ocremix.org/info/Submission_Standards_and_Instructions#What_qualifies_as_a_.27ReMix.27.3F

In terms of arrangement - how close or distant ReMixes should be to the original - the general rule is that the ReMix should be YOURS. We don't just mean that you were involved in its creation, but that it is different enough from the original so as to readily illustrate the contributions, modifications, and enhancements you have made. In other words, don't just take the original and drop a few drum loops on top.

http://www.ocremix.org/info/ReMix_Changelog#Pre-OCR01500_Removal_Process_.28Lockdown_2.29

74. OCR00435 - Revenge of Shinobi 'Steve's Freaky Bass'

* Reason: GYM rip. Too reliant on directly sampling the original.

The lockdowns were done to enforce the site standards fairly across the board. In this case, the guidelines, as stated and intended since the site started, you can't just sample the original game audio as the major VGM component and then lay new stuff on top. It wouldn't be fair to current submitters to state that wasn't allowable if other hosted mixes clearly did that.

It's unfortunate that the track was pulled, but it was done because in retrospect it was always a violation of the site guidelines. That's the short of it. Like any mix that is no longer hosted, the review thread is deleted. No reason to retain it when there's no corresponding track to download.