What can actually be accomplished with the rebirth input machine?

Im almost to the point where ill pay a grand or more to get a tb303 with a midi input mod off of ebay. i cant make a true sounding 303 patch on subtractor, obviously, and entering notes in rebirth is rediculous. How exactly does one use the rebirth input machine for good rather than evil? can you send notes to it from reason as like a midi synth? :(

Don't bother paying over the odds for a genuine 303 i have one which i got for £500 and connect it to my newer gear with a Phillip Rees din-sync to midi converter. which i got free with the 303

Rebirth is an ok 303 clone but it lacks that extra something, those distinctive 303 bubble sounds are dreadful on rebirth.

the main problem with a genuine 303 is it's a ba$tard to program, to do a simple melody will take longer than usual and unless you really get to know how it's screwy sequencer works you will be gutted about spending big money on it. Rebirth's 303 is in fact is a doddle to use in comparison so if that bugs you...

if you want another option you could always try the Audiorealism Bassline plugin for FL it's much better than rebirth but not quite as good as the real thing pretty darn close though.

Subtractor can make some very good sounds but if you really must have a THAT sound then nothing else will do. Rebirth was just not enough for me.

Don't bother paying over the odds for a genuine 303 i have one which i got for £500 and connect it to my newer gear with a Phillip Rees din-sync to midi converter. which i got free with the 303

Rebirth is an ok 303 clone but it lacks that extra something, those distinctive 303 bubble sounds are dreadful on rebirth.

the main problem with a genuine 303 is it's a ba$tard to program, to do a simple melody will take longer than usual and unless you really get to know how it's screwy sequencer works you will be gutted about spending big money on it. Rebirth's 303 is in fact is a doddle to use in comparison so if that bugs you...

if you want another option you could always try the Audiorealism Bassline plugin for FL it's much better than rebirth but not quite as good as the real thing pretty darn close though.

Subtractor can make some very good sounds but if you really must have a THAT sound then nothing else will do. Rebirth was just not enough for me.

I agree that something is amiss. I've heard some songs where you can't tell the difference between a real 303 and rebirth, but in some cases, specially in some bubbly textures of the 303, there's certainly something missing.

I also agree that dropping that much money for an original 303 is kind of a waste. There are some clones out there (both hardware and software) that will give you the sound, save you the hassle of working with the 303's interface and for much less. I do absolutely LOVE the sound of the303 and use it a lot, so I can understand why someone would like to have the "perfect" 303 sound.