Keyboard! Final stretch!

Allright, I'm in the final run for getting my midi keyboard. I've looked around, gone shopping, saved money, etc. Now I just need a few final tips and recommendations. Here are some keyboards I've dug up:

1: Roland Edirol PCR-800 $349

2: Roland Edirol PCR-M80 $229

3: M-Audio Axiom 61 $299

I'm pretty much fine with anyone of these keyboards, (although it could be a little tricky to get an Axiom up here in Canada, American prices btw)

Any specific features that are worth the upgrade? Any recommendations or opinions are welcome, help me out here! Thanks.

I've never tried the Edirol models, but I love my Axiom. Just looking at the descriptions of each, you want the Axiom for one reason: semi-weighted keys. The Edirol models don't seem to have that.

As for getting it in Canada, if you're around Toronto or Waterloo, I can recommend places that carry it. If you're not, you could try <a href="http://www.kellysmusic.ca/productinfo~id~-1810211958.htm">Kelly's Music</a>. I've bought lots from them before and they're quite knowledgeable and provide good service. PM me or post again if you want more information.

I noticed with the Edirol PCR-800, the outputs are all on the side of the controller. Depending on how you have things set up, that could be either good or bad.

I have the edirol PCR-80, and I've noticed that some of the keys have gotten a little faulty (2 won't respond half of the time, and one doesn't seem to have any velocity changes).

I've had no experience with the Axiom

i owned a PCR-M80. it's a fine Roland synth-action keyboard. i prefer the joystick to separate pitch/mod wheels. Virt owns one as well, i believe. my only qualm is that it's ugly-looking.

don't buy an Axiom just because of so-called "semi-weighted" action. best thing to do is drive out to a music store and see what feels better to you -- don't rely on marketing terms.

other than that, it is nice that the Axiom has integrated trigger pads. i had a Korg padKontrol that i liked, but it was hard to find desk space for it.

So what are we talking about as for price to value here? I'm a total Noob by the way, but only to remixing, I''ve been playing piano for several years. I'm not going to get an axiom just because it has trigger pads y'know, and on a side note, the 900 has trigger pads aswell.