Step recording

Okay, by step recording, I mean recording "note-by-note", which will save me from having to rearrange all the notes I put in after recording so that they'll line up correctly.

Is that possible in Reason 3.0? It would definitely save a lot of time if so. :)

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. Can you elaborate a bit more perhaps?

FLStudio and Cakewalk Home Studio have it. Example: If you wanted to put in 4 equal beats of a bass drum, instead of recording and then lining up the notes with the grid afterward (or clicking in the notes), the notes align to the grid automatically.

ohh ok, so you want to know if you record (say with a keyboard) into reason, can you record step by step? IF thats the case, then not exactly. What you can do, is turn on Quantization, and set it to a note value (i.e. 16th note) what this will do, is whenever you hit a note on the keyboard (which will be read in to reason), it will like it up to the closest 16th note that you hit it at. Same for any other note value (8th,32nd,etc).

I hope thats what you were asking.

ohh ok, so you want to know if you record (say with a keyboard) into reason, can you record step by step? IF thats the case, then not exactly. What you can do, is turn on Quantization, and set it to a note value (i.e. 16th note) what this will do, is whenever you hit a note on the keyboard (which will be read in to reason), it will like it up to the closest 16th note that you hit it at. Same for any other note value (8th,32nd,etc).

I hope thats what you were asking.

Kinda, but I now don't think Reason has the feature like on FLStudio.

Thanks for the help! ^_^