OCR00784 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "Seaside Lullaby (Wind Fish Ballade)"

orkybash

I LOVE the waves in the background...they're such a nice touch to a soothing mix. I'm glad you keep them rolling in the background when the other instruments come in. The fade out is beautiful as well. Excellent work! This makes me think of sailing out on a clear day to wherever the waves take me. Okay, in a perfect world maybe, but not this one. It's too dangerous. :cry:

• 1 year later...

So relaxing. I put this on along with my headphones and almost drifted off and fell asleep. Before originally listening I had thought the waves would of been poorly used, perhaps disrupting the song. I could not of been more wrong. One of my favorites of all time. Get it. Twice. Just incase. =)

• 1 year later...

It sounded like a good idea, and it does.

Only thing I complain is that the new chords DON'T FIT, and the remixer's take on the melody really makes it sound off. Like he has bad ears and couldn't get it right or something.

That's just me though. The waves DO sound great, and the ocarina with the waves in the background sounds like a good intro.

The chords and the off parts of the melody are my only complaint. New chords don't bother me, it's when they don't flow. These just sound choppy and out of place...

Good points... the waves and ocarina intro... the harmonized piano part, the sound of the acoustic guitar.

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00784 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "Seaside Lullaby (Wind Fish Ballade)"
  • 2 years later...

Gentle waves, gorgeous instrumentation, somber progression. Sounds like Link is playing a dirge for Marin (or maybe all of Koholint, considering the ending of the game). I'm also happy to hear the tail end of the source altered to something simpler and more tasteful (1:16-1:19 and 2:13-2:17).