A new ReMix Competition of sorts

Dafydd

Hello!

I think this should be open to all emulated console formats like nsf/spc/vgm/sid since there's a way to make all of those, plus you'll probably want to listen to me because I will be the only one capable of participating, unless you talk RushJet1 into it. So there's like, 2 people! Also, everyone here except for me uses FruityLoops or Cubase, they can't write chiptunes.

Didn't realize there was a way to make VGM... the format's not console specific to begin with, so are you referring to SMS or Genesis??

Er

and you do not have this software... why? It's not like the internetz hasn't been crawling with free wav to mp3 converters for the last 10 years, not to mention the ones that cost money. Winamp can do it, there are even encoders running under DOS. I must therefore assume that this lack of software of yours is voluntary, though I can't think of a reason why you would willingly abstain from mp3 encoding.

Sheesh, you can try to comprehend or you can keep talking down to me though I guess, I don't care since you don't seem to understand what I said initially. I KNOW how to convert between file types, I said that in my initial post in this thread.

I'm saying I don't posses the software/samples to make music that sounds like something other than a midi, if you convert a midi into an mp3 it's still going to sound the same so I can't participate in other music contests, thus I like the idea for this contest cause it's something I could actually participate in.

This sounds interesting (especially since I can't participate in stuff that requires mp3's :S) I might participate occasionally provided I can figure out how to use the program effectively, and have time from school.
Oh I love mp3's. I just can't participate in anything that involves making them since I don't have the software for it. Best I can do is midi's converted to .wav to keep the sound the same for everyone.
Where in your first post does it say you know how to convert between the filetypes? I don't see it anywhere. Furthermore, you said the "best you can do" is a .wav. As a result of this, I misinterpreted "I don't have the software for it" as "I don't have a program that can create MP3 files" rather than "I don't have a program that can make good sounding music". Sorry about that, and for being rude. I just thought - "hey, it's 2007, who the hell doesn't have an MP3 encoder?" So, truce? :<

Anyway, we need some cool NES graphics for trophies! The 3 most favored participants for each contest will have their names displayed next to trophies (gold, silver, bronze), and it would be cool if those trophies were NES graphics. Does anyone know of a good, classic, famous, suitable game to rip these from?