Ultima Online Renaissance - Vesper project

Argitoth

Download: Vesper Project

Download: original midi

Samples: Kontakt 2

Reverb: Rayspace

Sequencer: Cubase Studio 4

When it's done I'll submit it. I'm posting this because I'm very excited. Finally I have some decent instruments to compose with. I'll be getting even better instruments from Vienna Symphonic Library (Special Edition). So until then I'll be using Kontakt 2.

I hope there are fans of Ultima Online out there because I'll be recreating many songs. My goal is that when the midi sound of Ultima Online wants to be dramatic I will make it even more dramatic with the realistic sound of VSL. When it wants to be beautiful I will make it more beautiful. When it wants to be powerful and exciting I want to make it even more powerful and exciting. When it wants to be cheesy and happy I want to make it more so!!! Also, for the sake of the fans I'll always do my best to include every melody and passage from the original one way or another while adding a lot of my own articulation.

Comments and criticisms welcome.

Edit: Also, if anyone has desire to have a specific ultima online song recreated, I can do that one next. Please put your requests here.

Update - Redownload now.

Few issues I plan on improving.

1. The oboe staccato in the beginning with the harp

2. The transition after the quiet part with small bell melody

3. The very last orchestral hit at the end

So this update includes the next 2? passages of the original. All I have left to do is transition back to the beginning melodies and I'm done! This will be hard because of the nature of where I ended at the moment.

If anyone needs comments on their own work, please post a link, I'll be happy to comment.