*NO* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Inspired by Gerudo'

Liontamer

Hey DJPretzel,

It's been a LOONG time coming (my original remix was from NES TMNT and submitted as having been created by "Roddy Toomim and Kain Minter"), but I've finally done a new 'remix', even though this one wasn't intended to be a remix. Funny how that happens. Here's the required info:

Contact info:

Remixer Name: DJGeki

Email: rtoomim@cagames.com

Userid: erm...I forgot this...it's been a while :)

Remix info:

Name of Game Remixed: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Name of Individual Song Remixed: Gerudo Valley

Comments:

This track started off being an homage to Koji Kondo's original work from LoZ:OoT, and spiraled away from there. It ended up quite obviously very different, but with overtones of the original ever-present. I've never written anything quite as complex as this (as far as instrumentation and part-writing goes), nor have I ever written a guitar piece, so I hope everything sounds decent. My monitors have been known to lie about bass!

Thanks for listening, and if you like this, come visit the Cryptic Allusion forums or email me to talk about it!

Thanks again, DJP. I look forward to your (or your judge's) comments!

Roddy Toomim

Sound Developer Lead

Co-Owner - Cryptic Allusion Games, LLC

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.zophar.net/usf/lozusf.rar - 68 "Gerudo Valley"

2:13-long means the arrangement's gotta have a lot to show for it in such a short time.

[/listens]

Well, they don't apply to every case. Or even many cases. But here are the lessons I've just (re)learned:

1. Listen to the whole submission in all situations before paneling vs. sending the form letter.

2. Read the submission letter in full to extract the complete, gory details.

Why? Well...

This track started off being an homage to Koji Kondo's original work from LoZ:OoT, and spiraled away from there. It ended up quite obviously very different, but with overtones of the original ever-present.

And congratulations, because you've taken the source material and completely gone off the rails, as opposed to arranging it. There's something in the water lately. 3 dicey submissions in terms of arrangement value on the panel and they've all been from this game. What is up with this game???

The song should at least bare a recognizable resemblence to the original - don't submit a ReMix of a Britney Spears song and tell us it's Super Mario because you were playing Super Mario when you wrote it. Somewhere in there has to be some traces of videogame music that others' date=' not just yourself, can identify.[/quote']

Please don't send original compositions inspired by video game music. There are no ties to "Gerudo Valley" beyond stylistic ones. This is a cool track, but this isn't what we post. Good to hear from you again, but send a VGM arrangement next time. :lol:

NO OVERRIDE