Keyboard Audio -> Computer

Ok, so I've got a Korg N1 and a Desktop with Sound Blaster Audigy (sigh). I'm trying to figure out the best/most cost effective way to directly record the sound output of the keyboard onto my computer.

I've tried using a 1/4" to 1/8" cord from the output of the keyboard to the input/mic plug of the soundcard, but the signal is overwhelming the input of the card. I've also got a usb compressor mic that I can use to record the output from the external keyboard speakers, but the speakers aren't that great sound-quality wise and I'd like to have as clean a recording as possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

If the signal is "overwhelming the input" of your soundcard, then just turn down the keyboard volume. If it's still not working, you are much better off just buying a new soundcard. Your recordings will be ultra-crappy otherwise.

Yeah, I didn't mention it, but I tried lowering the volume as much as I could and dropping the input gain, but still couldn't get it working. I'll look around for a decent card. Thanks

EDIT: Ok, I'm looking at some of the M-audio cards, but am a little confused on the inputs. I've got 1/4" outputs on my keyboard, but the cards I'm looking at have what looks like RCA inputs. Am I going to need some sort of converter cable?