Eternal Sonata music

SwordBreaker

I've been excited about this game ever since they announced it. Also, the soundtrack ROCKS. Namco Bandai were nice enough to post tons of music on the official site. I've been listening to the tracks and I'm officially wowed.

http://eternalsonata.namcobandaigames.com/

I never thought that Motoi Sakuraba can top the work he did with the first Baten Kaitos, but after listening to some of those tracks...wow...

And the fact that pianist Stanislav Bunin (won the Chopin International Piano Competition back in '85 according to Wikipedia) is collaborating with him on some of the tracks and recording some of Chopin's work on his own really adds more "omph" to the soundtrack. All this makes me really interested in listening to Chopin's work in the near future, actually...'cause some of the stuff Bunin covered sounds excellent!

Only downside is that there seems to be no electric guitar-based tracks in the game for obvious reasons. Oh well, hoping for some acoustic guitar stuff at least. :P

I thought he did some of his best work on Star Ocean: Till the End of Time and Tales of Symphonia.

As for Eternal Sonata, it just looks so beautiful and sounds beautiful. I might get it just for those factors even if the game isn't revolutionary or anything.

PS- Those limited edition face plates looks really good. I might have to preorder before long.

I thought he did some of his best work on Star Ocean: Till the End of Time and Tales of Symphonia.

As for Eternal Sonata, it just looks so beautiful and sounds beautiful. I might get it just for those factors even if the game isn't revolutionary or anything.

PS- Those limited edition face plates looks really good. I might have to preorder before long.

Well...to each his own regarding Sakuraba's best work. Personally, his work on Valkyrie Profile is my personal favorite. But Baten Kaitos comes a close second. The reason why I love BK's music is because there's a lot of live instruments mixed with the synth...and it seems that Eternal Sonata follows BK in that regard, maybe even a bit better. I think that Tri-Crescendo is pushing for a high-quality sound since they're originally a team that focuses on the sound aspect of game development. Eternal Sonata is actually their first game where they're responsible for everything. In BK they co-developed with Monolith.

For me, I used to listen to Classical music since childhood. It's the default music genre I tune to also.

The game itself is a mixed bag since the active action gameplay feels fresh from the demo, but it was a bit too easy. If it has some challenge, it should have some newness and balance to it all.

Also, it probably has the most tasteful usage of cel shaded graphics I've ever seen. So much so that you can't tell it's cel shaded most of the time.

As for the inspiration for the game, reading it from the official website, it's pretty.... inspiring.

The game producer basically got the idea from watching a Chopin competition. That is the textbook definition of 'inspiration'.