WIP Lower Maridia (Super Metroid)

HoboKa

Sorry to triple post here guys, but this time I got a real good version of this song, at least in my mind's eye... er ears, whatev, you get the point ^_^. I didn't add a bass at the first half but I did fix the notes at least to the best of my knowledge. They are now in a better melody and the violen at the ending of the first half is much less choppy. Oh and btw, the second half is a secret ;), lest you listen to it.

Anywho, I hope you guys enjoy it.

http://media.putfile.com/The-Aquatic-Abyss

The Percussion chromatic thingy + choir at the start sounds very exposed and fake, you generally just don't hear choirs singing like this. Intro is drawn out waaaaaaayy tooooooo loooooong and it's too repetitive. Transition from intro to main theme is extremely awkward, and the piano just sucks, sorry =P

Kick sounds weird, I think it needs different processing, it sounds way too mid-thumpy for this genre. The main theme is very repetitive too, I think you're going to need either a way more interesting melody/chord progression or add a lot more variation. As of now it just sounds like an awkwardly produced formulaic trance song. =P

The Percussion chromatic thingy + choir at the start sounds very exposed and fake, you generally just don't hear choirs singing like this. Intro is drawn out waaaaaaayy tooooooo loooooong and it's too repetitive. Transition from intro to main theme is extremely awkward, and the piano just sucks, sorry =P

Kick sounds weird, I think it needs different processing, it sounds way too mid-thumpy for this genre. The main theme is very repetitive too, I think you're going to need either a way more interesting melody/chord progression or add a lot more variation. As of now it just sounds like an awkwardly produced formulaic trance song. =P

Ah okay, for the choir i intended to make it sound campy and weird/unrealistic, because thats the super metroid feel ^^. But the piano/chromatics I can definately process better. And as for the "repetition", I'm actually playing half of full song before it transitions (rather poorly insofar), so repetition can't be helped if I'm imitating the song.

As for changing the chord progression I guess I could try that, but I'm unsure if I'd end up butchering the main theme too much, I've already changed it considerably =/. However, the transition I'll most certainly work on and the kick should be easy enough to change up. And repetition is something I intend to do >< sorry mate.

Asides from being repetitive, did you like how the trance section flowed and sounded?