Phoenix Wright: Turnabout Sisters Remix

Groovemaster303

Early version of my remix from Phoenix Wright

I already know what parts i'm going to change (breakdown needs work, more varied drums etc) for the next version.

But seeing as i'm at work for the next few days and won't have any spare time on my hands i thought i would upload what progress i've made so far.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/3424983b163a89/

Check it out

I love this song, so great source selection right off.

Samples are generally well used, though some seem a little crammed together. I suggest widening a few parts, such as some of the epianos.

Some of your additional parts are very nice hooks, but they repeat too often and lose their appeal too quickly. Also, the counterpoint added to the B section is overpowering the original melody. Mix them up a bit, or make them a little longer in length so you dont have to repeat them as often.

Most important though is that loop going over and over and over has got to be switched up way more frequently. It is what is really killing this. There is no way this would get passed with that loop as is.

Overall this is pretty good, but you'll need to adjust a few things with your arrangement and either get several additional loops, or write some of your own percussion parts.

Adding more varied beats is essential

I programmed the percussion parts myself and if i'm honest i was a little lazy i can remedy the problem with ease though so i'll get right onto that.

I plan to rewrite the section that starts at 1:10 till 1:26 and the part from 1:45 onwards.

I know this early version is unpolished and needs work but as long as other people think it has some potential i'll keep working on it.

If i can get the balance just right, this could be a quality remix.