Why does my desktop do this? (Misaligned Icons)

Super-Duper Sombrero

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/CheezMastah/desktoperror.jpg

Not posting a image, it would break alot of screens.

Why do the icons scoot slightly away from the edges? It's very irritating. It wouldn't do this before, but now it's become very intent on pissing me off.

I'm running at 1152 x 864 (one step above 1024 x 768). Changing the refresh rate doesn't seem to do anything.

Is it a problem with the icon resolution? Is there a way to change that to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not too sure myself, but I know if I auto-align some of my icons or make new icons, they sometimes go in seemingly random areas. I think that what Windows (XP, at least) does is that it tries to find the best place for the new icon with some algorithm it uses for image recognition. I'd right click, go to arrange icons by>align to grid. Then move around the icons as you see fit.

If you included your background image, maybe it has to do with your monitor settings. You can probably adjust the position of the monitor with the buttons it has on it. Maybe that would help too. Other than that, I really don't know what to tell you.