VST Instruments and Latency

I've arranged a song in midi-format and imported it to Cubase for overdubbing and mixing. The basic midi bass and drum sounds are rather dull, so I've decided to use VST instruments for those. However, when I enable them, those tracks lag behind the rest. The VST Audiobay shows a total output latency of 13,5ms. That shouldn't be enough to notice, should it? Any suggestions on what to do?

..oh, and my soundcard is a PreSonus Inspire 1394, if anyone knows it.

I've arranged a song in midi-format and imported it to Cubase for overdubbing and mixing. The basic midi bass and drum sounds are rather dull, so I've decided to use VST instruments for those. However, when I enable them, those tracks lag behind the rest. The VST Audiobay shows a total output latency of 13,5ms. That shouldn't be enough to notice, should it? Any suggestions on what to do?

..oh, and my soundcard is a PreSonus Inspire 1394, if anyone knows it.

In Cubase are you sure you have your ASIO drivers selected? Also, keep in mind some VSTs are very poorly coded and thus have extraneous latency (like every Spectrasonics VST ever).