Contra Level 1

noouch

Just thought this might sound good. Most of it doesn't yet, the horrible guitar is going to go, maybe to be replaced by my own. The string layers and drum patterns are going to get deeper too, and of course the fine humanizing polish, and mastering are missing.

Suggestions welcome.

http://noouch.de/audio/contra_alpha2.mp3

*edit*

Forgot to mention in the title that this is an early WIP...

Brass and strings are way synthetic, but I am digging the 70's cop show vibe; the idea is awesome, and arrangement is good, but those samples are not going to work in this context.

I think the brass could work if you layered in alive trumpet or two in with them, just to make them sound a little more natural. The attacks are currently a bit mushy, and there isn't much brilliance to the tone.

The strings need a stronger attack and i think they'd suffice.

Bass drum needs to be tightened, gating it should help a bit.

Overall mix-wise the high end is lacking, there isn't the sizzle this would need to succeed. The high hats should be more prominent as well; the volume is about right, but they need the high end of the EQ increased.

This has the potential to be a really fun mix, but production needs a bit of work. Keep crankin though, I like it a lot, and this would be a really unique remix on the site.