How to make Super Nintendo Music ?

gutty

Hi!

I'm not a remixer, but I listen to game music and ocremixes constantly. Lately I've been obsessed with the idea of making my own music that sounds just like Super Nintendo music.

I've searched around quite a bit and I can't find any program that is like a "SNES Composer" so I wanted to know if there are any of you remixers here that know how I can go about making snes music, with all the limitations of the SPC700.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

There is a program called XMSNES that allows you to convert XM, MOD, and S3M files to the SPC format. As far as I know, that's the only way to create an actual, original SPC.

EDIT: Here's another option that I forgot about: You can use the Zelda 3 rom editor Hyrule Magic to edit the music in the game, which you can dump to SPC with nearly any emulator. However, if I remember correctly, the editor's interface was pretty complex to me and I wasn't able to accomplish much with it. Maybe someone more familiar with tracking software could figure it out. There may be a few legality issues as well (for one, you need a Zelda 3 rom, and any SPC files you'd create would retain some elements of the game's code), so you may want to avoid going this route. I'm just letting you know your options.