*NO* Final Fantasy 6 'Prelude 2 Peace' *FT*

Antonio Pizza

Your samples need a major overhaul, sir. That plucked thing is too thin... come to think about it, so are the strings. Not to mention that the attack on the lead is too slow. The notes in the strings (lead AND background) don't agree with the arpeggio at all. That tweaked my ear a lot.

Last, but not least, I found it to be pretty boring. There really wasn't enough going on to hold my interest.

NO

okay. If you're going to submit a Prelude mix, you have to do something never done before. So I went in with my hopes up. And the beatdrop that enters at 0:48 had me ready for something special.

"Alright," I thought. "This isn't so bad thus far. I just hope he switches it up somewhere down the road." Then came the strings at 1:20.

8O.

No.

My advice? Download every version of the Prelude you can possibly find. I've got well over 20 myself. Listen to them all and figure out what you can do differently. I'm telling you, getting a Prelude mix on OCR is going to be MORE than an uphill battle. You have to ultra, ULTRA stand out.

Going with a groove instead of techno was a good start. I like that. Now mix it up and please, please, please....

find some better string samples. The ones you have will NOT cut it. Oh, and cut the 4 seconds of dead space at the beginning of the mix.

Thanks and good luck!

-ap