Best is Yet to Come (Trance Mix) MGS1, early wip, vocals coming soon!

Strike911

Okay, first of all, I'm sorry for essentially abandoning the internet. Second of all, I have a new WIP!!!!! It's very very early, and I just wanted to get my thoughts down into a file because I have been talking to a great vocalist that may be willing to lend her talents to this song. :)

For those of you that don't know, this an early WIP of "The Best is Yet to Come" from Metal Gear Solid 1. You know, the real celticy theme. I swear, I'm going ti make this one real good. Promise. This is one of my most favorite themes in video games, so I have to do it justice.

And... lastly, I cannot access my webserver for some reason so I have to resort to Myspace. . . . . *shudder*

http://www.myspace.com/strike911

you shouldn't need an account or anything (I think), and it should play automatically. Sorry for myspace. I hate it personally!!

OKAY! What do you think so far. I know its early, but again, it's just my ideas. It's not polished by any means and is only 30-40 seconds, but hey, its the "best is yet to come" with a dance beat; that's hella awesome right? Again, it's a early wip, idea mix.

*crosses fingers*

Anyway, what do you all think so far. The vocals will be there in all their airy Irish glory. The person I'm talking to (Ztrop, she used to frequent VGMix2 actually) said she's willing to do vocals. So ... this will be cool I think, and fun.

updated!!!! Tons of new stuff, it just needs to be mastered a little and I think I'll be more on track with it. :)

go to my MySpace. It'll play automatically. better synths, fuller sound, longer, and a build up to the main theme.

http://www.myspace.com/strike911

Edit: One minor update to the song now. I added a longer break a little bit of filtered drums, and another pad that really makes the melody sound much more full. I'm really liking how this one is turning out! :) Once the vocals are added in I think it will be killer. :)

okay, so apparently after I updated this song MySpace decided NOT to put it online because its retarded. So I've reuploaded it... I can't believe it was "processing" one track for over a week. That's ridiculous and stupid.

Anyway, its up.

and an update on the vocals; They'll be coming very very soon. I talked to the vocalist and she's totally onboard and ready to start singing in Gaelic! :)

Taking a listen right now. I'm not exactly familiar with the tune.. I love the series and played this game a bunch, but its been a while and for some reason its not coming to me :P. Sounds a little familiar but yea. Anyways it sounds pretty rad so far. I'm not entirely digging that plucky thing. I think it needs something.. it just sounds weird to me, like it kinda doesnt fit. it might just be because of the myspace encoding or something. I dunno :P

cool stuff though, cant wait for the vocals and stuff :D