All DAWs sound the same. Stop asking!

zircon

Hahahah!

:D

Seriously, though, many evaluations are subjectified by the uses of the evaluator--understandably--and we just need to let the testers do their tests and decide for ourselves which DAWs are most appropriate for our varied uses. :P

I think the math sum test is really good in pointing out audio engine math performance--but it has its limits.

I don't know if FL has a 64-bit engine in it yet. Obviously that would be a relative weakness if it didn't.

It has had one for years. FL has a lot of innovative features, eg. direct automation of VST parameters (NOT just MIDI CCs) that other sequencers are only just now catching up to.

As for S7 or C4's 64 bit engine sounding better, let's test it, shall we? Let's load Pro-53 in a blank project at normal volume. Project samplerate at 44.1. On the default preset (super sync lead), hold C3 for one measure at 120 BPM. Render that measure and any decay from the patch release/reverb to 16bit/44.1khz WAV (no dither). I'll do it in FL, and we can see if the files null out. I'm betting they will.