Vocal editing/removal software?

ambinate

Does anyone know of a decent, free program I can use to edit out stuff like curse words from the vocals of a song? If all goes as planned I should be getting a show on my school's radio station, but curses have to be edited out in order to be played to avoid federal fines and all that.

Thanks a lot.

What you would do is load up any standard multi-track editing program, say, FLStudio (get the free demo). Load the song on to an audio track (or in FL, load it as an "audio clip"). Then, where the curse words are, FADE the volume out. Then you can take a sound like a 'censor beep', which is really just a synthesizer making a sine wave, and put it over that spot. Then fade the volume of the song IN again.

Or, if you like, just have a brief silence where the word is. Its incredibly crude, but I've seen many a professional use this method for the same purpose. It all comes down to how you want to do, and how noticeable the word/s are.

As to software, anything, even Audacity should do it.