*NO* Final Fantasy 5 'In the Library, We Speak with a 6 Inch Voice'

Liontamer

After seeing a FFV remix posted I went, "Hey, I have an FFV remix. Why not submit it?" So here you go. Warning: really weird. Probably too weird to pass the panel, but whatever.

Sample credits: eli vance from HL2, Ievan Polkka.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: really weird.

That gives me a lot of faith. :lol:

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=ff5 - "The Ancient Library" (ff5-1-25.spc)

Opens up sounding pretty beholden to the structure of the original. Hahaha, the sound choices are all over the place with this. I'm not sure what the appeal is supposed to be removing all of the melodic qualities of the original and making it sound so grating instead.

As soon as the beatwork came in at :37, the soundfield became extremely crowded and messy, with the lead getting partially buried under all of the new sounds brought in. If literally anything else had been added into the mix at that point it would have gone off the rails. Balance the parts properly!

SFX at 1:07 (cool idea) leads into 1:09 and some weird gating/stutter effects, picking back up into the aforementioned clutter and busyness at 1:34.

The beats and kicks brought in from 1:59-2:46 were a killer. They sounded so generic and out of place, a really corny drumloop shoehorned into the picture.

Nothing sounding the least bit melodic. No harmonies. What's there to like? Why would I want to listen to this compared to the original?

C'mon Scott, weird doesn't have to mean poorly developed. We LIKE weird when it's done properly. This isn't "too weird to pass the panel." It's too poorly executed to pass the panel.

NO

• 1 month later...