Sonic CD - "Stardust"

I haven't worked on a ReMix in a long long time. I wasn't ever good enough to do so. So I kind of just quit it for a while.

And then I attempted again. Using one of my favorite themes. The intro to Stardust Speedway Bad Future US Version is amazing, I think.

Medium-development WIP: get it here. It's rough and is cut short at the end(I haven't finished, obviously), but you get the general idea of what I'm trying to do. I think.

Comments please. Have I improved?

I haven't heard any previous work of yours, but this mix is ha;f good stuff, half stuff that needs work.

The song takes forever to progress. I can see the appeal of building one part at a time, but for this specific opening riff, it's not going to work. It's just not interesting enough to hold the listener's attention while the somewhat generic drums slowly come in one part at a time.

Some of the synths are downright annoying too; you gotta mess with them, humanize, add some effects, etc. it sounds like they are stright out of the FL box right now, and they need some custom work. :-(

Arrangement-wise it is not enough development, it just kindof repeats a few ideas, and there is nothing central to latch onto. You need to have a cool lead line to make this interesting.

Keep workin, dude, and change out those synths.