*NO* Space Invaders 'Invading Raving'

Liontamer

I felt like it - LT

I don't know if this will be accepted or not seeing that the song is based on the sound the enemies in Space Invaders make when they are moving(The Do, Do, Do, Do)...and that might not really be considered a song but no harm in asking. I think you can call them moving music and this song fairly fits the way it would sound.

Anyways the song can be found here, only upload place that is easy for me. --->

Well if this gets accepted my name is James C. Calocerinos and I go by MC Jimmy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly, I know the theme, but at the same time have 0 idea if it was used in the arcade version or what. Regardless, I've seen it arranged at Video Games Live twice

, so I know what you're arranging. It's 4 notes, but it's a melody, so we'll roll with it.

Loads of generic synths and effects with the occasional comparatively standout stuff. The thump-based groove was pretty bland and uncreative. Sounds like you didn't put any of your eggs in that basket. Finally supplemented by a "tss" groove to compliment the "boom" at 2:16, though it didn't add much. Leaving that kick pattern to drone on, plainly exposing it at 3:25 until the (complete lack of) ending, was like like riding a horse until it broke down.

Gotta hand it to you, you've used the theme substantially until 3:25, offering a lot of variations on the Space Invaders melody and working it decently with your countermelodic ideas. But the weak synth design and simplistic textures obviously held it back.

NO

Doesn't really go anywhere or build up to anything. I don't know if Space invaders could be said to have any music as the "melody" was really the results of the individual sound effects in the game stacking together. It'd be like calling the beeps a phone makes when you type in a random phone number a song and remixing that.

Anyway, on the merits of the song. The beat is generic four on the floor right the way through. It doesn't build up at all. Your major creative use is the triangle synth that just beeps its way through most of the mix along with the generic do-do-do-do melody.

Could be a good song if more effort was put in. Remember the drums aren't just there to keep the beat, they have to be interesting too. Build them up to something.

NO

While the definition of music can be broad enough to consider a percussive/synthesized effect repeated at an increasing tempo as qualifying, in this instance our standards clearly spell out that sound fx alone are off limits. The increasing tempo of the effect in question is truly menacing, and represented a milestone for game audio, but "game audio" and "game music" are two different things, and for the purposes of remixes, we're focusing on the latter.

I do want to add that, for what it is, this is a creative and well-executed piece.

NO