Streets Of Rage 1 - Round 4 (Nu Disco Remix)

Iceferno

nah don't give up, just ignore him then lol, post it and see what the judges say. They'll tell you what they really want.

This is a pretty bad idea. If people on WIP have issues with it, sending it to judges is just a waste of time for them, since the issues are still there.

You shouldn't submit something to the judges unless it is as good as you can conceivably make it. It's not like they are going to look past something.

The reason the standards are so high on this site is tied in with the site's mission, which is to legitimize video game music in the eyes of the public. That won't happen if they post sub-par or half baked mixes.

Ambient is right on a lot of points; there is too much reverb throughout, and the chromatic section is a good idea, but the execution isn't there.

Adding to that, the beats seem on autopilot for most of the track, and there really isn't much of a melody near the beginning, just chord progressions, and some sortof original melody could fit in there.

This isn't a bad mix by any stretch of the imagination, but it needs polish and a few major issues need to be resolved. Have some patience, and work them out one by one. If you are getting burnt out on this track, chill on it for a few months and work on something else, but keep in mine the critiques noted here.

If you are looking for a place to put your remixes and don't want to make them stellar, thasauce is a great site, with a standards bar that this would certainly be able to reach.

So instead of encouraging people to improve, you're telling them to just find a place with lower standards.... I love the internet.

I assume you are referring to me; if so, then reread my post please.

A. because you missed a few words here and there.

B. because it makes me feel awesome when people read my posts.

I listed what I thought needed to be done to improve the mix, provided he really believed in it. Later on in the post, I gave him an option if he wanted to wuss out.

I assume you are referring to me; if so, then reread my post please.

A. because you missed a few words here and there.

B. because it makes me feel awesome when people read my posts.

I listed what I thought needed to be done to improve the mix, provided he really believed in it. Later on in the post, I gave him an option if he wanted to wuss out.

Or you can feast on multiples of dicks. You know what? Fuck this, I'm leaving VGmix.

BYE!

Or you can feast on multiples of dicks. You know what? Fuck this, I'm leaving VGmix.

BYE!

oh no! the drama Llama strikes again!

ok lets talk about the REMIX, since thats what this thread is for.

Iceferno, fantastic improvements on this piece.

I must second the opinion of what everyone has also said. I feel your pain on the EQ, but that bass still needs beefy beefiness.

Also, i would suggest everything in moderation. Yea, usually the suggestions of people here are relevant and valuable, and will improve your mix greatly if followed, but thats exactly what they are. Suggestions. Do what you wanna do, since it is YOUR mix. :-P

If you wanna put an outro on the end, put an outro.

Looking forward to the next one!

• 4 years later...

Ok, I just got done remixing this again. Major improvement for obvious reasons. heheh.

This new one is inspired by the Nu Disco style that's been going since the noughties (check out Lovebirds tracks like "U Give Me", "Out In The Night" for examples). It's long but it does go somewhere. Due to the tempo being quite slow (close to the original), the time really adds up. But basically, it's Club Mix style. I've got a 1min+ intro and outro for it and I use a variation of Yuzo's themes (incl. the almost-identical Round 5 from SOR2) inbetween.