OCR02472 - *YES* Mega Man X3 'Super Fighting Robot X'

OceansAndrew

Remixer Name - WillRock

Remix Name: Super Fighting Robot X

Game: MMX3

Source: Opening -

Some time ago, Gecko Yamori linked a Genesis version of the MMX3 Opening theme on the ocr forums. As it turns out, this piece of music was very influential on me at the time, it pretty much fuelled my interest with making Genesis style tracks, and inspired me to make this. Excited, I looked up the original - and what I got was the tinniest sounding source i've probably ever heard. I was disappointed to say the least, as it paled in comparison to geckos version. So I did my own remix of this theme, using gecko's as inspiration, which is why this has a genesis like quality to it. As far as arrangement goes, this is probably one of my more creative remixes. I'm not spoiling anything, you'll just have to listen to it to find out ;P

This is a Project Track, make sure to put it in the project list should it pass. Enjoy joojz.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Man, this sounds like something that could've been submitted to the site a few years ago (in a good way). It's got that old-school ocr electronic sound.

No question what sound is being arranged here at all, as Sir Harby both makes strong melodic connections, but also adds his own soloing and expansions to compliment the material.

To OA's point: yeah, the snare sticks out over things, but not to the extent where it really bothered me.

Despite the weak source (some of it sounds badly detuned or just bad sound design) The Megaman style definitely fits the Willrock style, so I'm not surprised at how well you executed this. Good job man.

'oy, guv

• 4 weeks later...