Sign in to follow this  
DarkSim

finished Hotline Miami - Knock Knock

7 posts in this topic

If you haven't played this game already, it's pretty fast-paced fun and full of pixellated carnage. The soundtrack is also awesome, especially the track I chose to remix.

The game sees you answering messages on your phone, and trying to piece together who is sending them to you, and why. I've tried to tell a story using the remix as to the slowly decaying mental state of the protagonist as he tries to overcome the trauma of being forced to commit killing sprees behind a mask.

Who's There?

Cool stuff, I listened to it without hearing the original to see if I could remember which level it was from and I was pleased with the results! Good use of a different energy while still keeping the manic feel of urgency from the game!

Groovy! I like it, a lot of good stuff and energy going on.

But I think some of the leads and screeches may be just a tiny bit too bright, they're kind of piercing the ears and preventing me from cranking it up and enjoying it in a loud volume. Compare side-by-side with whatever similar track (electrohouse?) to see if you agree!

Yeah, tone down the treble on the bells. The bass at 1:36 is also a bit muddy.

Also, the kick and snare could have more punchiness. The kick is a little weak, and the snare is slightly buried. :)