Shadow of the Lich: Some 90s RPG-sounding-ish collection of music-noise

Mairujyat

Hey, so I kinda don't post here very often, and I'm a total dweeb lurker usually! Way back last year I started working on an album of like 90s RPG-type music or whatnot, first real big personal project, and I released the whole thing this past June. I'd really love to get some feedback on it - I'd been working on it so long that it's painful trying to go back and re-appraise it. ^-^;

I originally wrote a lot of the music using samples from authentic SNES games, but chickened out and recorded/bitcrushed my own instead, so I'm totally worried that I did badly trying to rework them to use the newer samples. Also really -really- bothered by the post-production and mixing, but again - I'd been working on it for a year straight, and I'm kinda tunnel-visioned by it still, so I'm not sure if it's just me after working on it for so long. Everyone I know kinda just goes "Woah, sounds rad" or whatever,  so it wasn't very helpful in the weeks right before release, haha...  ;>->

Sorry if I'm coming off a bit candid - I'm kinda always like this. I just don't feel comfortable just showing off my stuff while keeping my own thoughts to myself, is all. <-<;

Long story short: I made a thing over the course of year, I'm not sure if it's any good (or ever was...), and some input or critique would be great.

https://mairujyat.bandcamp.com/album/shadow-of-the-lich

Thanks in advance, hope you all enjoy it! And if you don't: be honest and let me know what I should work on next time, alright? ^-^