My stuff sounds muddy

Bowlerhat

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2016 at 10:56 PM, Skrypnyk said:

are taking up the same frequency

Actually i have had major problems with muddy sound as well.This is one of the reasons and thank you for sharing the info. Usually for me, mid frequencies have been really full and also bass too loud especially on earlier productions and i mean peak distortion on bass and a lot, also slightly on mids. But then lacking high frequencies and not having that bright clear sound quality at all, then i practiced on trying to boost highs on EQ but at some point they also screamed too much on some tracks for example on couple of my remixes of Muse tracks, (also of course adding a lot of different sounds to play at once and if they all play different melodies, not just frequencies it can become sort of messy all and all). I am practicing to prevent peaking as in having clear sound wave on all my productions from now on and as i am working on my first EP for Bandcamp, i am trying to fine tune on the mixing and mastering part them to be better than ever before my productions have been, as well as trying to combine slightly all my genre styles but with heavy on virtual orchestral instrument use, time to try to get serious. Because through bandcamp i can maybe find people who would be interested on my productions and so far i have only utter failure on all my music productions apart from learning everything i have tried on. Yet i am practicing and having my fun with making the music but still.. some sort of support would be kind of great for the work already so i could support myself, but that's the thing, if people don't like the music, why should they support me on making it anyways no matter how many hours and how much effort i have put on into them.. Still makes me wonder slightly already when some really simple tracks sometimes are in top charts..