Big distorted orchestral bass design (and other sound)

Ok, i would like to have advice on designing those really big orchestral distorted basses some tracks have. How do they actually design them? 

Screen capture of what i mean and have tried so far:

The distortion is phenomenal on that explosion in the track (Immediate Music - This war must end) for example and creates really chilly epic feel to those explosions. Also just for fun ever so slightly made a quick fast slightly similar violin but did not focus on it as i am not making a remake but a sound design. How to make it so explosive also? As in without the orchestral drum hits, that would be just descending saw wave with distortion although some sort of an kick is on the original as well. I assume some sort of an quick attack for other envelope and oscillator for example or another sound design as separate or just some kick or something?

Also noticed that the name of a topic can be changed, wanted to ask about another sound on this:

That effect sound on the start which almost sounds like some sort of an "finger sliding on a class" so to speak, you know when some people play some vine glasses by sliding wet finger on the corner, but not exactly like that still, that sound presents itself in other music as well and i am wondering what it might be and how could it be done possibly? Some high pitch sine or saw type of wave perhaps with shit ton of reverb and with slow attack to create a rising effect and throwing in some delay for the "ping pong" type of descending after the rise and release of the note?

4 hours ago, ShadowRaz said:

That effect sound on the start which almost sounds like some sort of an "finger sliding on a class" so to speak, you know when some people play some vine glasses by sliding wet finger on the corner, but not exactly like that still, that sound presents itself in other music as well and i am wondering what it might be and how could it be done possibly? Some high pitch sine or saw type of wave perhaps with shit ton of reverb and with slow attack to create a rising effect and throwing in some delay for the "ping pong" type of descending after the rise and release of the note?

It can be recreated by adding reverse delay on a bell sound. So if you isolate the wet delay signal and reverse it, that should get you close.

Yes actually that can be one way of doing it but there is a whole lot of messing around with the delay speed and stuff, made kind of similar sound design already with triangle wave and added just some reverb and delay,

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x47k3o1

At first i play the reverse version of two notes of the design, then the design itself and then i figured out how easily add some tweakable distortion as an external effect plugin for the bass explosion also, by adding Guitar Rig 5 to the mixer on the channel the descending saw design is. Cool stuff