Sign in to follow this  
Vidilian

1. work-in-progress Zelda BotW: Vah Naboris Dungeon Remix

3 posts in this topic

I thought I commented on this. Not really sure what the scale is. At 4:17, in the original track, I hear three chords play. It's sort of a subtle glissando. That may not be the correct musical term. I guess you can say the notes are a tad more humanized rather than three notes pressing down at the same time. So I wrote out what I hear, and maybe you'd like to throw it into your remix. Someone with a better ear could probably tell you the correct notes. I'm not saying yours are wrong. In your remix, you only have the final note being played, which I believe are A, E, and then D.

Spoiler

20ue9tk.png

Overall, I like the direction you took from the original. It still has that qualm feeling. This Divine Beast was one of my favorites, as well as the boss, but I felt unsure of what I was supposed to be doing.

Update.

Thanks for feedback. Great catch on that glissando thing. I ended up incorporating it with the E note but not the A and D because in the context of the remix it sounded a bit weird having them all do it (maybe because a synth is playing it instead of the eastern plucked string instrument in the original). Will experiment with that though.

Other than that, improved the mix overall, extended the song, varied up the tempo and added aspects of the alternate version of the song that plays at the end of the dungeon (added link to OP)