> ReMixer name: HeavenWraith

> Real name: Antanas Palaitis

> E-mail:

> Website: N/A

> Forum userID: 50325

Submission Information

> Game: Final Fantasy VI, The Last Remnant

> ReMix Name: Upheaval ~ Michael's Judgement

> Original Name: Dancing Mad (FF6), Nisus (TLR)

> Original Author: Uematsu Nobuo (FF6) and Sekito Tsuyoshi (TLR)

> Link to the file:

A not-so-majestic symphony metal remix of majestic boss battle themes. If I had to name the inspirations, they would be Nightwish, Demetori, Black Mages, Takanashi Yasuharu, Nakagawa Kotaro and Sekito Tsuyoshi himself. Overall, this has taken a lot of effort from me, but it was fun composing/recording/mixing this regardless. Looking forward to the outcome of the judging process.

------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8fnzds584I

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

Woah. Serious weirdness in the mix here. Your opening synth is so wide and large, and then your guitar and drums come in and sound so tiny by comparison. The snare sounds so flat. That pad can't be so much louder than the guitar and drums. It sucks up all their power.

Aside from that, where's the bass? You need those low frequencies.

NO

• 4 months later...

Dude, save us some headaches! :lol: If you're arrangement is 7 minutes, give us a breakdown of how the source tunes are used in here. "Nisus" is 3 minutes long with no loops. "Dancing Mad" itself is 17 minutes long. What did you use from either? You're just making the evaluation process take longer with no specifics to go off of.

I barely recognized any "Dancing Mad" in here beyond the 2-minute mark, but I'm also not overly familiar with all 17 minutes of it. Little help here?

Woah. Serious weirdness in the mix here. Your opening synth is so wide and large, and then your guitar and drums come in and sound so tiny by comparison. The snare sounds so flat. That pad can't be so much louder than the guitar and drums. It sucks up all their power.

Aside from that, where's the bass? You need those low frequencies.

Wow. Yeah, this mixing is egregiously whacked. The vox is just barreling over everything else with a ton of mud, and there's 0 clarity in anything.

Anyway, I'd focus on critiquing the arrangement more, but the mixing is a non-starter. I'm not mad, but definitely address the mixing AND provide a thorough breakdown on how the sources are used in the arrangement, just so it's clear what you used everything

NO

Edited by Liontamer

Yeah the mix is really letting this down. I can hear what you're going for with the arrangement and it's got some cool ideas for sure but the mix is not bringing it to life at all.

The drums are really quiet with some odd one-hit samples. You should double track those rhythm guitars properly and pan them left right for the whole track, not just 6:00 onwards. The tone itself is pretty tinny on the guitars.

And a bit more of a breakdown for the arrangement would be helpful also!

NO