Combat samples?

DusK

Hey, guys. I'm about to start working on a mix, but I need some samples first. I don't know where I would look, and I figure you guys might have an idea.

I need samples of combat. Gunshots, explosions, tanks, helicopters, that sort of thing. Preferably distant sounding. If anyone has any idea of where I would find something like this, please post here.

I usually use soundsnap.com (good quality) and findsounds.com (better variety) for free sound effects.

I'd personally look for sounds that are as cleanly recorded as possible, then go about making them sound far away using EQ and reverb. The more control you have over the sound, the better :)

Yep, he beat me to it. Very rarely are foley sounds/sound fx ever recorded wet for this very reason. If you want a machine gun to sound far away, then EQ it, or put a filter on it, lower the volume, and add a bit of reverb. Or, if you have money, you can buy something like AudioEase Speakerphone