A Zelda Movie infinitely better than Hero of Time... Sage of Darkness

EC2151

I have a feeling this is old news to most of you people who have been around.. But maybe for me and a few others, it ain't (I also searched and no luck). In any event, I'll bring it to people's attention:

Well, watching Hero of Time in its entirety, and seeing that it was a laughable, but mostly groan-inducing piece of shit, it's an understatement to say I was disappointed.

Then someone on another forum tells me about a much older fan film project, with a lower budget, called The Sage of Darkness.

[link removed]

Notice the use of OCR's Zelda Overture in the beginning...

Now, even though the sets are pretty obviously modern, you can hear some cars in the background every now and then (as well as actors wearing modern clothes), and the dialogue sometimes is a bit forced... And the villain's voice is decidedly lacking... (MANAGE MOI SUPPLIEEEEESSS!!!!)

Man, this kicks the shit out of Hero of Time and its crappy lack of everything. On top of that, the Link in this movie has naturally blond hair! What a plus! Except his teeth.. Yeegh...

Here is a positive though:

Unlike Hero of Time, where the dialogue felt like it was written by a junior-high student writing a fanfic, this stuff sounds more natural, the voices are generally better, less stupid fake British accents, and all around better care taken towards the mythos of Zelda, rather than HoT, which tried to stuff everything in but failed in the long run.

As well, there are some nice moments, like when Zelda tells Ganondorf's descendant that he'll never be the man that Ganondorf was, because at least Ganondorf had enough courage to fight on his own... I gotta say, nice touch, movie. Nice touch. Overall, showing how much of a weakling Ganondorf's descendant Ertagan (sp) is is a novel approach, better than HoT's Lulztastic Ganon WITH THE TRIFORCE OF POWAH I WILL OVABEAH THEIR CRAFFTY SCHEMES shit.

Many will doubtless disagree with this film's quality overall (I'm only two parts in, but I'm liking it so far), and others will say "LOL OLD OLD OLD".

Well, regardless, this is better than Hero of Time, for sure.

I am liking this more and more.

Enjoy!