Zelda: Majora's Mask - Astral Observatory (Ambient Reconstruction)

Iceferno

Hey guys. It's been about 2 or 3 years since I was last here lol. I'm not able to make game remixes that often. I need a very specific source of inspiration. But anyway...

Here's a reconstruction-remix I just finished today of the already-gorgeous Astral Observatory. I haven't changed a whole lot, just kept the essence in there while adding a slight variation in the middle of the track.

It would be nice if this could be accepted, but I'm not expecting it. My mastering is never perfect, but I hope it's at least reasonable on this one. It sounds so to me :) You can stream it on YouTube:

A link to the MP3 is in the description. Hope you enjoy :)

PS: Clouddrifter is my alias for Ambient/Chillout. I use several for different styles. ;)

Hey, this is great. Wonderful chillout, and it's for Majora's Mask! That game sure needs more love on OCR. Great job on this song. :) Can't hear anything wrong with it, other than maybe that it is pretty much the same thing throughout the whole song, which might seem repetative to the judges panel, but I think that's alright when it's a chillout song. I know I'll be listening to it at least. :)

Thanks for the warm compliments :) Yeah, that's fair about the repitition, but also I agree it works best in Chillout. I think I may have been partially inspired by the Ambient remixes Michael Woods used to make. They repeated the choruses but somehow kept building on them too.

It's strange how this worked out. I just seemed to keep finding the right sounds over and over again. Sometimes I try really hard and no ideas come to mind. But with this it was like "that works, hey that works too! So does that! And that! And that!" lol It was an exciting process for me :)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the compliments guys. :) I actually got a lot of hits on this remix :) About 200 or so people listened from here and I got about 100 from SilvaGunner's old upload. Shame he's suspended now but hopefully it won't be long before he gets all the MM soundtrack back up on his new YouTube account.

Also, I'm about to make another thread on here because I've remixed Last Day! :-D