Hey, I'm S.A.A.
I don't make music, but I love listening to it. I can't believe I only found out about OC ReMix a few months ago given its overall great quality. I stumbled upon it when I wanted to listen to Skytown Elysia Ost in Metroid Prime Corruption. Entropic Dream and Yellow Valkyrie were my gateways into this amazing community.
I've been gaming since I was 4, I'm 19 now. I grew up with Nintendo, especially Super Smash Bros, Super Mario Brothers, Legend of Zelda, and Metroid, and later got into Halo and many other genres. I love Action, Adventure, Arena Shooters, and Sandbox Games. As much as I love RPGs, I tend to stray from them as they are very time consuming and can be very grindy. I have over a hundred hours in Skyrim and still haven't finished the main story-line cause I get distracted too easily... I'm not sure if I'll be playing that game anytime soon.
As for the music I listen to:
1. Rock from bands like Thrice
2. Occasionally exceptional (IMO) music from animes like from Steins;Gate, ChäoS;HEAd, and Code Geass
3. Video Game Music, especially from Metroid, Halo, and The Legend of Zelda.
4. Remixes - I love alternate takes on music. One thing I love about OC Remix, is that most remixes here aren't simply updated modern versions of a set piece, they are a different take or a different perspective of said piece, adding variety, and making each track quite unique from one another. My best example of this are the multiple remixes of Torvus Bog (Torvus Clockwork, Bogged Down, and Deep Torvus). Same melody, completely different track, different mood, setting, etc.
5. Etc. - If it clicks, I picks.
I know I'm not the best I can be, but I try to be. If I do something negative so to speak, please respectfully let me know.
I'll finish this by saying: Thanks for everything. I really appreciate the artists that put their time and effort into making music and help grow the community, and the community that backs them.