CT 600 A.D Hoboa & About:Blank collaboration

HoboKa

Hia folks, got this pretty nice ambient-ish rendition of 600 AD thats very chill and a little dark. I did most of the stuff you're hearing, but AboutBlank's acoustic guitar just puts the cherry on the top of this song, which makes my samples look pretty bad...gotta get those Native Instrument samples to work ffs lol. Anyways, enjoy!

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/gvqg/WIP_CT_Dark_Times_ver1

>:- ( and I mean enjoy, or I'll shoot you, especially you Tensei. ENJOY IT.

The strings+ choral pads should be way more sustained and change on whole measures, as of now they sound off-beat and nonsensical compared to the piano. Piano needs humanization. Hey, decent-sounding percussion, about time! Crash is still weird. Ending is horribly off-key and make no sense whatsoever, I think you're trying to do some kind of key change, but problem with that is, if you don't know how to do it, it won't work. Chord progression in the background could be more interesting.

hoboka i'm noticing with your stuff is that you have a tendency to overlook form as you go for your ambient atmosphere. What you're doing here is writing a piece of music much like writing a paragraph without punctuation:

and by doing that youre making it hard to understand because suddenly you have to think about every word your reading no matter what it is and because you have to think about stuff like that instead of whats behind the words it can be hard to understand because your not concentrating on the big picture which without punctuation is nonsensical

see? when you brought the drums in that served as a form of punctuation. But because you don't change instruments, rhythmic scape, etc it can be difficult to understand. timbral changes are important, and rhythm is important--even in an ambient setting.

think about rhythm and form!! you've got great melodic and harmonic ideas, but you are lacking in the rhythmic and formal departments!

also as a side note try to get more voices and colors for this.