VST or program that will audiosnap/quantize?

I am trying to record a guitar part. The only problem is that I am not that rhythmically tight on the guitar. On top of that, every 6 seconds or so, the audio lags by a split second.

Is there any way to quantize this wave file? (it's not midi information)

I searched around, and there is pro tools with beat detective and sonar with audiosnap, but are there any vsts? Thanks

And don't cheat by using autotune, teach yourself perfect pitch. And don't cheat by using a piano roll, teach yourself to play your parts. And don't cheat by using a cello sample, teach yourself to play cello. And don't cheat by using a DAW, teach yourself an analogue tape machine. And don't cheat by using reverb, get ya ass down to the Taj Mahal.

No matter what you do, you're cheating by someone's standards. No one gives a shit.

Anyways, generally you find audio quantizing as a daw function because plugins work in realtime -- and fixing timing can't be done that way without a flux capacitor.

Melodyne however will do what you want.

When I'd record guitar takes I liked but maybe they had a few late notes, I would just edit the waveform manually. I'd chop a small part of the waveform before the note and copy a small part of the note's tail after it. In the context of the mix nothing would appear artificial.

cheers.

I am trying to record a guitar part. The only problem is that I am not that rhythmically tight on the guitar.

Then play slower or play with pauses, but more important, exercise until your fingers bleed and Jimmy quits and Jody gets married.

On top of that, every 6 seconds or so, the audio lags by a split second.

Do you have a suckity-suck soundcard?

I searched around, and there is pro tools with beat detective and sonar with audiosnap, but are there any vsts? Thanks

No VST because the VST can't read your mind and guess where you want what.

Don't be lazy, just cut the wave file up in parts and put 'm on an audio track.

Agreed with analoq. Although I try as hard as I can to play as perfectly as I can, I end up splicing chopping and otherwise modifying lots of the things I perform (piano,voice,guitar,whatever) because it's easier, and often more effective than any other more "pure" method of getting the desired final results. There's no shame in that game.

Any wave editor (e.g. CoolEdit) will let you manually quantize to you're heart's content, but I have absolutely fallen in love with SONAR's (new as of version 6)

function. It is ridiculously beautiful and simple to use, and can be placed on an entire track, or individual clips for more selective modifications. If you're lazy, you can simply click quantize, set the parameters, and bam! everything is moved to some "correct" timing. Of course you can also get a little more sophisticated by adjusting individual syllables of words and such. Also, the audio stretching routine used to move and correct audio timing can be adjusted to suit the type of audio (vocals, instruments, drums) and the number of artifacts it introduces is minimal at worst.

Simple solution, teach yourself to play on time and dont cheat by quantizing.

Consider moving to California and making millions as a studio guitarist.

Sure, I can play powerchords on time but what about a sweep? I neeeeeed quantize or it sounds horrible.

I am trying out audiosnap now.