Black Mages 3 Teaser Site

Arcubalis

Exactly; especially considering the fact that VOTL was released not too long ago (and it also had a remix of the very same song that the Black Mages used).

Yup, yup. Snapple and norg's version of the battle theme wipes the floor with the The Black Mages version. One Winged Angel is right down the middle between the huge OCR collab and the Advent Children TBM remix...both versions are cool in their own unique ways.

http://www.dogearrecords.com/tbm3_eg/index.htm

English site and new movie uploaded. There's a fuller version of Bombing Mission playing in the background of the interview, and towards the end there's another teaser song playing. Additionally, the final screen lists the Japanese and *GASP* North American/UK release dates of the album, although the latter is TBA obviously. Nonetheless, it seems that they're planning to release this album in a broader scope. Nice.

http://www.dogearrecords.com/tbm3_eg/index.htm

English site and new movie uploaded. There's a fuller version of Bombing Mission playing in the background of the interview, and towards the end there's another teaser song playing. Additionally, the final screen lists the Japanese and *GASP* North American/UK release dates of the album, although the latter is TBA obviously. Nonetheless, it seems that they're planning to release this album in a broader scope. Nice.

"Premonition" gives me some hope.

Nobuo can't seem to stop playing with his hair.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Track listing is out.

1) "Opening ~ Bombing Mission" [Final Fantasy VII] (Kenichiro Fukui)

2) "Neo ExDeath" [Final Fantasy V - The Final Battle] (Michiro Okamiya)

3) "The Extreme" [Final Fantasy VIII] (Michio Okamiya)

4) "Assault of the Silver Dragons" [Final Fantasy IX] (Arata Hanyuda)

5) Kuraminokumo [Final Fantasy III - This is the Last Battle] (Kenichiro Fukui)

6) "Distant Worlds" [Final Fantasy XI] (Kenichiro Fukui)

7) "Premonition" [Final Fantasy VIII] (Tsuyoshi Sekito)

8) "Grand Cross" [Final Fantasy IX - "Final Battle"] (Keiji Kawamori)

9) "Darkness and Starlight" [Final Fantasy VI - "Mario and Draco"] (Tsuyoshi Sekito, Kenichiro Fukui, Michio Okamiya)

10) LIFE ~in memory of KEITEN~ (Original Composition by Nobuo Uematsu)

...and the track they sing on is the FF6 Opera.

Don't panic. Nobuo says that it's Japanese Orchestra Concert singers who sing the actual song - the band themselves actually just sing some backing vocals in a section. He also says the FF6 Opera TBM version is over 15 minutes long.

Digest movie with song clips for every track:

http://www.dogearrecords.com/movies/TBMdigest.wmv

Ooh. Assault of the Silver Dragons was my favourite track back in the day, and I've been hoping for a good remix to come out. Also, The Extreme and Grand Cross. I'm finally looking forward to this release again! :D

Edit: I listened to the clip. The tracks that did impress me were Assault of the Silver Dragons and Distant Worlds.