Check out my mix, and tell me if i spotted the proper mistakes bros.

Nicholestien

first off, harmony, thx for the help, it gave me the knowledge and wisdom I needed to be an official amature. anyways, here goes the mix I made, the ending sucks and the rest of it an't that great. I really didn't put to much time into making the song, but my skills in terms of balancing audio are so terrible that I thought I should atleast tuned them up a bit so I took the melody from my old arcadias lament song and built a structure around it.

http://download.yousendit.com/D4AEFF9B62C0DE45 -Arcadia's Lament

I spotted alot of mistakes, after listening the next day. tell me if these are correct...

the song is not balanced in terms of panning, its to far to the left?

The piano that comes in to play one of my infamous short solos is to dull , muddy, and overall not bright enough and not sticking out in the right ways.

The bass piano is panned to far to the left, and is annoying and gives an earache after awhile, expecially on headphones.

The Drums, the booming kick drum, and the piano bass are not working in unison the way I wanted them to be, hard piano bass fallowed by some booming kicks while you hear the vintage kicks and thick snares doing there stuff.

The pseudo rhodes that comes in during the "pre coda" if you will, is to loud and resonating to much.

The song overall can use less mud.

An intro, and new section can be added before the section at the start comes in, without the song falling apart.

The piano section can defanantly be extended. Because right now all it's doing now is dropping by to say hello.

The ending, well, I believe it's a good idea, but it defanantly needs to be executed better. and probably extended. Add some crazy phase/flang effects to add to the feel of "brain rush". Also, the strings that carry out this section come in way to soft.

Chorusing piano bass a good idea for some parts?

Drums don't have enough high end and need variation at parts.

The song overall sounds to rigid and artificial.

it needs a climax, or some high point in the song, right now it feels like it is going no where, atleast thats the way I see it.

the strings that come in at the very beggining are not "hard hitting enough".

The song does not feel like it has it's own "sheen" to it. Everything sounds like it's being played in a different place.

Need to somehow make the song overall slightly louder while at the same time making it more dynamic, don't know how the hell i'm going to do this. <_<

I need to up my sampling skills? not sure what the principles behind sampling strings are. :(

Also, what is layering? and can I make use of it here?

your suggestions and tips and what not are always appreciated even if I don't tell you directly that I appreciate them, so say whatever you feel like saying.

if anyone is willing to collaborate with me that would be nice I could send you the reason file and you can complete it, and consider it yours if you want.

EDIT- ergghh.. the drums I think might be sticking out to much at high volumes. >_>

Well, it wasn't intended to be a rip off, but I will say this, rob dougan is probably my favorite artist of all time and alot of my music is inspired by him, so if something does sound like a rip off it was never intended to be. mayby doing it subcounciously without thinking.

Edit: So my analisis is correct which means I'm able to see mistakes? =D

Soon, it will come, my master work. =D