weird WIP: CT and Brinstar

HoboKa

Instrument quality and mixing feels really incomplete with really dry and foreground drums, and an overall cluttered soundscape. The idea is cool, and the two source tunes mesh together quite well. The idea is better than the execution, but at least it shows it's possible.

The Red Brinstar theme is a pretty easy one to work with, and it's one of the most memorable pieces from Super Metroid. It's easy to blend into pretty much anything, but this is really quite seamless. The mixing is newby, but the concept is cool, and seeing how you've done on the sd3 project wip and the castlevania wip, this could turn out pretty cool too.

Instrument quality and mixing feels really incomplete with really dry and foreground drums, and an overall cluttered soundscape. The idea is cool, and the two source tunes mesh together quite well. The idea is better than the execution, but at least it shows it's possible.

The Red Brinstar theme is a pretty easy one to work with, and it's one of the most memorable pieces from Super Metroid. It's easy to blend into pretty much anything, but this is really quite seamless. The mixing is newby, but the concept is cool, and seeing how you've done on the sd3 project wip and the castlevania wip, this could turn out pretty cool too.

Thanks for reviewing it Ro :D, okay I'll see if I can address those issues.

GAH sorry about this guys...it was a spur of the moment, there's a shit load of dissonance at the middle section that I failed to detect earlier. The bass TOTALLY conflicts with the melody. =l, so I'm putting this pile of vomit for a version down. I'll get you guys a decent wip. BUT I could use some more feedback on whether or not u guys think this WIP worth putting the effort into completing. Thanks.

Honestly, I think it isn't worth it. While meshing the two sources together works quite well, that's the only significant innovation. They're both over-remixed tracks, so without some really stunning... thing, it's not worth it.

At least not for OCR.

Agreed. I'll just polish it up a bit more and get rid of that dissonance, then submit to vgmix. Maybe I'll come back to it when I get real, real good and have a decent sample library. It'd be nice if I could work full time and not stupid college thats not getting me anywhere anyways.

• 2 weeks later...