FFX - SB4theS Break-Rock Remix by Hy Bound

Hy Bound

OK, so I've completely re-done it into a more rock-like song. It's a bit reminiscent of Junkie XL's "Today", but mostly rock at the moment. What I have is very rough as far a arrangement, but the sounds are gonna be pretty close to what I'm shooting for with a bit more synthesizers added on. Any comments for arrangement and even mastering are much appreciated!

www.myspace.com/hybound

Really cool blend of solo piano and amped guitar, beat-driven badassness. It's a bit repetitive, and the piano could very well be replaced by something more aggressive (during the driven section), as thestyles don't mesh well when playing simultaneously. It's a bit early to give feedback on arrangement and direction on the whole, but production sounds good on a single earphone, so it should sound at least half-decent on headphones or studio monitors.

Oh, how I would've loved if you would've made like House out of this! Think Olav Basoski - Waterman.

Beside that, this is great so far! Very high quality, nothing bad to say about the mastering or instruments, very pro. The bass is really awesome.

Haven't heard the source actually...

The intro sounds like Tekken music, and the whole song gets kind of mellow. If you could find a nice hook further on, and maybe heavier guitars, this would definitely rock ass.

Cool start, gets you right into the track. Anyway, I was listening while going on irc, and I hardly noticed the track ending. It needs a bigger finale. it went to bed of Knives, and I didn't realize it. :P Needs a bigger finale before ending. Then again, it's still pretty short, so you've got another challenge in making it at least a half minute longer without making it repetitive.

Then there's production... which sounds good to me. More material, finale, and ending, and I'd probably YES you if I could. Unless you capitally screw up the yet unwritten part of it. :P We'll see. :D

heh, yeah, this is VERY rough so far. I only just started playing around with the various main themes in the song and this is by no means indicative of the arrangement and/or final mix-ness. As for the house comment; Its kinda gonna be a bit more house oriented than I had first done and possibly a bit more breaks/house later on. I'm really shooting for a Junkie XL in "Today" "Mushroom" and "More" vibe with a bit of a "Cascade" (from Hybrid of course) atmosphere to it.

So basically, i'm gonna shoot for around 5-6 minutes in length with a bit more atmosphere and more synths and effects and much more fleshed-out guitars. I only spent about 3 hours from start to finish on that little wip (which is astoundingly quick for me, especially since my comp loves to lock-up on me now), so there is definitely more to come on it. Thanks for the feedback; much appreciated and definitely needed :D

What do you think of the guitars? too chromatic? or too inaudible?