Web Graphics/CSS Advice

Dyne

I'm in the process of designing and building a web site (it's a rather secret, solo project), and I'm wondering what I'm going to do about graphics. I know that eventually, I'm going to need to have graphics on a scale like OCR has. I'm not a skilled graphic artist, so I'd like to get some input as to how I can go about creating these graphics. I'm also looking for a little help with the CSS involved (Cascading Style Sheets for those that don't know).

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm trying to pull together a website of my own, and I've found that Blender can do some really cool things graphically. If you know how to use it, it's pretty easy to generate abstract background-ish images, especially. Since it's a 3D modeling program, though, it has a really steep learning curve, so it might require more effort to learn than is worth it if you're just looking to do website graphics.

If you want images and such, Wikimedia Commons is a good place to look for public domain photos. (The star/planet background in my sig is composited from two images I found there.)

As far as website graphics in general go, be restrained with regard to color. I think it's best to base things mostly on just one or two colors (like OCR does with gray) rather than going OMG RAINBOW TIME!! and splashing all sorts of colors everywhere.

For CSS help, I frequently look at these two sites:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Programming:CSS

http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

Also, there's a list of a bunch of attractive CSS sites here that I find useful for getting site design ideas.

Dhsu, I'm looking to either find or make similar background and button style images to OCR's, except I have a more specific color set I'm going to be working with though. I just need to find the styles first.

But yeah, that's pretty much it.