Seiken Densetsu 3 - WIldfields ReMix

Robotaki

Hey everyone!

Here’s a little something I whipped up in a few hours...a wild take on Wildfields, har har. Initially, I intended to use this chord choice for an Abadox melody, but it seems as if it just fit with the Wildfields tune. If it’s anything, that might explain why the original melody is pretty non-existent as of right now. (It only comes in at 1:36) I plan to incorporate it into the piece much more. Hope it’s sorta catchy and you dig. Thanks!

LINK:

Seiken Densetsu 3 - Wildfields ReMix

I'm gonna do this from memory, since it's sd3. It took 'til 1:47 before i recognized it. I think you'll need more source earlier on.

The sound starts off beepy and after a cutoff sweep becomes noisy instead. I like the arrangement and much of the processing, but it's a bit too dry for my taste. The lead/hook thing could use some weak high cut.

Overall, I think it could be softer (not much tho), and you could make up for that by making the bass more dominating. It's there, but it could be more powerful.

btw, how are you project tracks going?

• 2 weeks later...

hey thanks for the comments as usual roz. I'll get to making the bass a little more memorable. I'm not very good with shaping sounds since most of the time I layer them, but this is a good opportunity to learn. After stepping back from this awhile, I realize that the side chaining I did was a little overwhelming for the ears in that particular section later on so I'll get to balancing that up.

In terms of the project, I have just found some good tabla samples so I'm trying to vary up the rhythms and such. Has anyone called dibs on Harvest November yet or is that still a vacant spot?

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the original stuff from your intro. Very catchy, and the composition just feels good. Great rhythm.

I could barely make out the theme from the game. Man, I love that game, and that track form the game is so memorable. It would be great to hear what more you could do with it.

Even so, the sound of your mix is so awesome, I'm gonna keep this in my personal collection. The first 3/4 of your song feels like an intro. Mind you, a really great, catchy intro that I almost wish you wouldn't change. To be honest, you wouldn't have to bring in the game melody any earlier if you made the song about 3x longer and then really played with it.

That's my suggestion as a non-musician. I'll be following your progress on this one.

I never heard the original, but this I like.

I love a nice chip tune. Especially when it's very dynamic or has a lot going on. Actually, not so much when it doesn't. Your intro just feels a little boring to me. Maybe if you used more background, or variance, I wouldn't mind so much.

But until about 0:40, I didn't think I'd like this. I do, though.