Final Fantasy V - Reina

ceraf

• 2 weeks later...

The piano sounds very rigid and, it's playing a simple melody for the first part of the track. When it starts playing chords, it gets better, especially with the little melody you repeat between chords. As for the solo in the end, raise the volume and drop the velocity, you're having really hard notes. You might want to do that some other places too.

It's kind'a similar to the source, you could change more to make it more than a sound upgrade with some minor changes and a synth solo on top of the track. The synth, by the way, feels a bit too loud and sharp, you could bring it down a bit.

The drums are really repetitive, and some simpler drumming would fit the track, with a section more like what you've got _occasionally_. Also, panning drums hard left is very rarely a good idea.

The pad you've used is good. The sound reminds me, as a former GB user, of Summoner's Love, and you might learn something about GB from This Feeling too, despite your track being much less frantic. The pad is good, imo, but if it's a preset you should do something to make it your own. Subtle changes, nothing big.

The individual instrument tracks don't seem to mesh well, rhythmically. Some bits fit together, some don't, the drums being a good example, and tho the panning might exaggerate that, it's worth looking into.

I'd say this is a good start, but you'd have to do more to get it on OCR. It's unbalanced, raw (as in unrefined), and needs to be less repetitive. Some EQ and leveling would be a good start, but you will need to work on the arrangement and sequencing too. Don't get me wrong, it's enjoyable already, but it can be better.