Deus Ex - DuClare Chateau 9Wine for Two Mix)

Ok, so it's not a great name for a remix, but it's the best I could do! lol.

Ok, this one is a little different. It does contain two short samples from the original track from the DuClare Chateau level in Deus Ex. But I've added loads of part to it too, so hopefully it'll be ok. Let me know what you think!

http://www.muzicommedia.net/auteurtheory/DuClare%20Chateau%20(Wine%20for%20Two%20Mix).mp3

Hey, first off, thanks for remixing Deus Ex music. There's something about that game's music that's just... fantastic. It's great to hear some music from that game. And a disclaimer: I'm not really a musician, just a music appreciator.

My first impression is that the song feels a little repetitive, with the bassline carrying through the most of the song without changing up.

However, I don't think it would be right to get rid of it... that's one of the things that makes it Deus Ex. But there may be a few things you can do to get it to work in your favor. Perhaps make that background a little more subdued once the techno riff drops in, or just increase the volume on that.

I like your work with the drums... increasing in intensity but not so much as to ruin the mellow mood of the song. I really love the "break" from the bass line at about the half-way point of the song, and that may just be a testament to how that bass line isn't really working in some ways. But still, that bridge is really great.

So, after analyzing my own feelings here, I think really working on that bass line will really improve this track. But that's not to say I don't like it; it's mellow and carries that futuristic Deus Ex spirit.