*NO* Kingdom Hearts 'Always on My Mind'

djpretzel

This is a Remix of Always On My Mind from Kingdom Hearts.

It was done by me, k-wix, and its going out to Melanie who is a big fan of the game, and the mix.

Also, DJP, i know your time is precious, but.. you have my name listed as DJ K-wix, and i droped the DJ part awhile ago, if you could switch it to just k-wix, id be very grateful.

You can find the mix here:

(that has %20's filled in ..so you should just be able to click on it..but I also posted the link below void of any %20's ..so you could copy that into your browser if thats easier)

Thanks Mr. pretz.. Hope it makes it : \

k-wix

Sorry, but this is too similar to the original to be acceptable. This is primarily a piano piece, and there is insufficient rearrangement with the notation and progression and little variance of the instrumentation. But this wouldn't pass with flying colors as a remake either.

The piano sample is much too synthetic, too "fake", especially when it acts as the effective bass - it's not convincing at all, and is further compounded by bad notes at :40, 1:03, and 1:12, which repeat after that bit loops, and 3:02. The tinker bell percussion is basically the same as the original's. And at 1:53 comes an awkward pitch shift that draws negative attention to itself. The strings, which replaced the choirals, are the mainstay of this mix, well-done there. Besides that and the short intro, I can't see how this differs from the original.

NO

One thing I'd really like to emphasize is the lack of differentiation between the ReMix and the original and the fake piano. The piano simply doesn't work out here. I dislike how it's panned to the right like that also. As with what Digital Coma said, this mix doesn't variate from the original much at all. Spices make the dish.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

why do the strings attack everytime? it's really fake. they would sound so much better if they were more legato. Good tempo changes. To restate DC13, it's a little odd having the piano panned hard right. The bell-like sound on the left side (more hard panning?) sounds distorted at points.

The lack of interpretation from the original goes without saying at this point, I'm sure.

no