Jigwolf - IdatenX

jigwolf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know if you're still here, but some thoughts.

The intro is startlingly close to the original, both in synth design and pacing.

I'm about 1:00 into it, your piece has done almost nothing besides upgrade the sound quality of the original. Arrangement is repetitive

Your high freqs stick out and echo a bit too much and really cloud out your lower end. Drums are a bit lackluster.

Summary:

1st You need to work more on your arrangement, first and foremost.

2nd Synth design is pretty generic, try building a more cohesive texture for the piece

3rd Work on drum sequencing to give more energy all around.

Before you even think about submitting this, work on these 3.

This is posted as a release.

There's your problem. People are more inclined to posting suggestions for improvements on unfinished tracks than comment on releases.

Drums are pretty simplistic, but they do work here. Bass drum is a bit distorted or there's clipping. More intricate derum writing could make it more intense.

Bass is an improvement from source, and I like that alarm-ish pad you've also used. Lead is a little too simple to sound good imo, tho it does cut through the rest of the track well. Too well, perhaps. You could cut back on its volume.

Overall, it feels a little too close to source, structurally and stylistically. This is what usually get classed as a midi rip. There's a number of improvements I can hear, some of which seem to disagree with the key signature of the track, but it's very close to source. If you're not submitting it to OCR, that's not a problem.

Soundwise, not bad, but it would be better if it was more your own take and less of a copy. Keep writing!