Cubase/FL

The real question of this post is how to get the delay to go away in cubase. I read the manual and couldn't understand anything about how to get the lag to go away from pressing a key and making it go to the output. there's a noticable delay and I can't really do anything with it there. I assume it's because my computer is worthless but it meets the requirements so if there's any way to decrease my latency that I am unaware of, help would be greatly appreciated.

The other problem I have is a better program for me. I own Cubase sx3 and Fruity Loops studio 8. I like fruity loops a lot, it is perfect but it just doesn't have the capabilities of something like cubase. I was looking for something that is more like fruity loops, just better because cubase is a little too complex for me.

The real question of this post is how to get the delay to go away in cubase.

It's not delay, it's latency. It's caused by a crappy soundcard - anything on-board will suck for this, and anything that has the label Creative on it (and not the label E-mu) will do so, too.

Spend a bit of cash and get something like this:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--EMU8803

http://www.zzounds.com/item--MDOAP2496

and these are things you buy and find at music stores, not computer stores.

They come with something magical called an "ASIO driver", which will cut the delay back to like, 4-5 milliseconds or so.

I own Cubase sx3 and Fruity Loops studio 8

Why both? And the nice people at the music store didn't recommend you anything else in the way of hardware?

I'm curious as to what you need that FL studio can't offer, it may be a simple factor of you not knowing where to find it. As for latency, find your audio settings and check your soundcard drivers... are you using ASIO drivers? If not then use your soundcard's ASIO drivers or get ASIO4ALL then try to get your latency down to around 10 milliseconds, if your computer can't manage under 30 milliseconds you may need to upgrade something. Good luck!

lol that is a good question yoozer. the reason I have both is because I didn't buy cubase. My friend had a copy so of course he shared it.

to defend myself a little bit, i did say it wasnt delay in my post, that it was latency.

well thanks guys, I think that pretty much does it. As for software, I guess ill just check out some more tutorials until i find what i need in fruity

lol that is a good question yoozer.

I saw this coming from several miles away because any warez monkey will just get the biggest, most expensive packages of everything and try to use them all at the same time.

It's like trying to stretch yourself in such a way that your feet can still touch the accelator of an Aston Martin on the left while you lean over the door to push the one in the Ferrari at the right.

In other words, stupid.

to defend myself a little bit, i did say it wasnt delay in my post, that it was latency.

Just making clear that the word delay is used for the effect.

As for software, I guess ill just go out and buy a soundcard like Yoozer told me and Cubase Essentials or stick with a legal copy of FL Studio

fix'd