Basic rhythm

A am interested in this part because i am not very good at it,i create a song but i am having difficulties combining it with a main melody,or vice versa, so is there some guidelines when doing rhythm because i could really use some help with this one...i don't really know with what to begin with :a rhythm or a main melody,are there some rules(guidelines) what to do first?

If you're new to making music, do the most basic rhythm you can, and use that. Then make another song with a slightly more advanced rhythm. develop your skills and don't expect these songs to be particularily good - they're practice.

If you play an instrument, think about the rhythm you use then. Listen to someone else's music, and try to figure out the rhythm, and copy it (practice). Even if you can barely tap a rhythm on your desk with your fingers, that's all the skill it takes.

Another approach would be to start simple. Add drums, one drum and one note at a time. One note for the kick. One note for the snare. Then add notes for the hihats. Then mess around with it, add notes, see what happens. If it doesn't work, try again.

Best advice is to listen and examine, tho.