X-Com (UFO:Enemy Unknown)

StevieWonderMk2

X-Com is undoubtedly one of the greatest games created. On every forum I frequent, every single thread about classic gaming will have mentioned X-Com. So of course, you can imagine my surprise (nay, my horror) do discover that there were no remixes of it. Anywhere. On the entire internet. I checked.

This may be because it has approximately three tracks. One of which is 1:41 of what appears to be a rusty fan (gmtactic)

So, i'd like to throw out a request for a remix, any remix of X-Com music. Specifically gmintro3, gminter, and gmwin, which are all pretty much the same tune, and probably the only iconic piece from the game (apart from the aforementioned fan)

I don't have a specific link to the tracks from the game, but the Abandonia download of it (http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/38/UFO+-+Enemy+Unknown.html) includes them all, under Sound.

Many thanks

Steve

zomfg X-com for the ultimate win, Im a really big fan of xcom (i own them all) and the new recent UFO series. Nothing beats X-com apocalypse though :P im going to download this pack thing and see what's there although i think i already have some midis from Enemy unknown as the music tracks in the game were just midi haha.

one of my favorite tunes was track 22 'kill them all' from apocalypse :P

at one point i was actually writing an xcom movie i was going to make in some game called the movies :P i kinda gave up though haha :P

either way if i have some time it would be an utmost pleasure for me to give this a go as im pretty big on xcom ^-^ although im not much of a re-mixer, just more of a cover maker :P so im prby going to produce some fail...

well so far ive had no time at all :( ive just returned from a long weekend of roleplaying and i go back to work tomorrow... but if i find the time i'll try again, i did give it a go trying to play it on guitar and its almost impossible in drop C so i didnt get very far.

• 1 month later...

I agree, it's a great, if subtle, soundtrack. The geoscape music and the tactical battle music are wonderful electronic ambient, and possibly quite tricky to ReMix. But then there's also a good bit of rocking out in the aerial combat and briefing pieces, I recall. Note that the PSX version has rearranged music, which are definitely worth checking out.

--Eino